Please select the blue "Purchase" button below next to the event you wish to attend.
King, Queen, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Navigating Life Transitions Through Jungian Archetypes
Change and transition are natural processes and are occurring continuously. Every age and phase of life brings change – sometimes, we actively choose change and sometimes, it arrives unexpectedly. Sometimes, it is an external change we seek and sometimes, it is internal. Regardless of the nature of the change or how it comes to be, it is frequently accompanied by concerns, fears or questions. Archetypal energy may be used for helping us navigate the uncertainty that is often integral to our experience of change.
Archetypes are universal mythic highly developed elements of the collective unconscious. Each type has its own set of values, meanings and traits. They represent fundamental human motifs of our experience. They often evoke deep emotions and influence how we perceive and navigate our lives.
In this workshop, through lecture, discussion, PowerPoint, and experiential exercises, we will call on Archetypal energy to provide perspective and guidance for the changes we seek so that we may arrive at clear intentions and an action plan to help us manifest the life we envision for ourselves.
This course if for 6.5 CE.
Alison is a licensed psychotherapist since 1986 as well as an Internationally Certified EMDR Consultant and Therapist. She is skilled in a variety of therapeutic modalities including expressive arts, dream work, and somatic psychology. As a long-term meditator, her work is informed by mindfulness practices. She has led numerous workshops and presented in conferences. Alison is a Life Balance Strategist. She offers private sessions (in person and remotely,) and workshops designed to help individuals navigate personal and professional changes and transitions. Alison taught
graduate school psychology for 13 years and founded and directed Creative Explorations – a school in which students explored identity issues through the making of art. As an artist, Alison’s approach to life is creative. She believes in the indomitability of the human spirit and that we are all capable of transforming old patterns and self-limiting beliefs in order to live our lives more fully with authenticity and purpose.
Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Coaches, Body Workers
- Discussion of the nature of change and transition
- Through individual and group process, investigate a change or transition that is currently challenging you.
- Explore the energetic qualities of the archetypes
- Self diagnosis how each of the archetypes may be collapsed, in excess or balanced.
- Reframe your personal change challenge in Jungian Archetype terms.
- Through inquiry and guided meditation apply these learnings for direction and guidance.
- Create an action plan and make at least one commitment toward the change you wish to see in your life.
- Discuss archetypes from a Carl Jung and Phillip Moffitt perspective.
- Identify and differentiate the traits and qualities of the King/Queen, Warrior, Magician and Lover Archetype
- Evaluate how these energies live within us and how they may be utilized as a vehicle for helping us move through personal and professional transitions.
- Appraise where we are most developed and in balance with each of the four archetypes and its impact in our lives.
- Appraise where we are less developed and out of balance with each of the four archetypes and its impact in our lives.
- Apply the archetypes for guidance and direction.
- Formulate a new perspective on the changes and transitions we are currently experiencing.
- Create intentions and/or an action plan so that we are better able to move toward the life of our choosing.
|9:00 - 9:10
||Introductions and Overview of Day
|| a) Self introduction and personal relationship to this work
b) Morning: exploring the Archetypes
c) Afternoon: utilizing the Archetypes for navigating life transitions
|9:10 - 9:40
||Go round share of the change/transition/challenge /goal each student is faced with.
|9:40 - 9:50
||Explore the nature of change and transition
|9:50 - 10:00
||Exploration of the King/Queen archetype through guided meditation.
|10:00 - 10:20
||PowerPoint Slide discussion: King Queen Archetype
|10:20 - 10:30
||Exploration of the Warrior archetype through guided meditation
|10:30 - 10:40
|10:40 - 11:00
||PowerPoint slide and discussion: Warrior Archetype
|11:00 - 11:10
||Exploration of the Magician archetype through guided meditation.
|11:10 – 11:30
||PowerPoint slide and discussion: Magician Archetype
|11:30 - 11:40
||Exploration of the Lover archetype through guided meditation.
|11:40 - 12:00
||PowerPoint slide and discussion: Lover Archetype
|12:00 - 1:00
|1:00 - 1:10
||Meditation: Calling in the Four Archetypes for guidance and direction
|1:10 - 1:25
||Written exercise and personal reflection:
||Exploring balance and imbalance of archetypal energy and its impact on our capacity to manifest our vision for our lives.
|1:25 - 1:45
|1:45 - 2:00
||Whole group discussion
|2:00 - 2:10
|2:10 - 2:40
||using the archetypes for gaining a new perspective on the changes and transitions we are currently experiencing.
|2:40 - 3:30
||Formulate clear intentions and an action plan for moving forward in manifesting one’s vision for one’s life.
|3:30 - 4:10
||Group declaration of intentions and action plans
|4:10 - 5:00
||Closing and course evaluations