A Course in Mindful Living in a 6-Month online mentorship program offering a step-by-step curriculum on how to consistently integrate mindfulness practice into daily life.
Month 1: Relax
- Describe the difference between Eudaimonic and Hedonic Well-Being
- List the three foundations of positive change.
- Describe what positive neuroplasticity is.
- Describe the key foundation for resiliency.
- Define the negativity bias and how it impacts resiliency.
- In respect to attachment disorder, describe the term "earned security."
- Describe two ways that play positively impacts the brain.
Month 2: Focus
- Practice two different formal practices that lead to greater attentional control.
- Describe what mindfulness is and how it helps interrupt the stress cycle.
- List three practical formal ways to integrate mindfulness-based theory and practice when working with patients.
- List three current neuroscientific studies showing the relationship between mindfulness and a stronger brain.
- List four questions that can help in loosening our identification with negative thoughts.
Month 3: Trust
- Describe three components of mindful self-compassion (mindfulness, common humanity, self-kindness).
- List and practice key self-compassion practices to practice for self-care and to use with patients in creating healing and forgiveness around pain.
- Describe how soothing touch can be incorporated into mindful self-compassion meditations.
- Demonstrate how to shift inner self-talk from self-criticism to self-compassion.
- Be able to generate your own personal self-compassion breaks to activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
Month 4: Savor
- Describe three ways to foster resilience using a client's own positive experiences.
- List three foods that impact cellular inflammation and mood.
- List three areas of the brain impacted by anxiety and depression.
- Describe the science behind how a focus on gratitude and sharing gratitude impact well-being.
- Describe two key practices to work with clients to increase awareness of and an experience of joy and resonant joy.
Month 5: Connect
- Describe the science behind social connection.
- List at least five ways to bring more meaning and connection in relationships.
- Describe how holding hands impacts the brain while under stress.
- List three studies that connect altruism with well-being.
- List three ways to bring compassion practice into your personal life and work environment.
Month 6: Accept
- Describe the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
- Describe three scientific benefits of laughing.
- List three elements of cultivating mastery.
- List five ways to sustain confidence.
- Practice developing an action plan for sustaining mindfulness in daily life.