Please select the blue "View & Purchase" button below next to the event you wish to attend.
To view CE information, click the View and Purchase button above.
Transforming Trauma and Reclaiming the Core Self Through Fierce Love
Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors, Nurses
Course Content Level
Introductory Content Level – Open to practitioners of all levels
Working with trauma and attachment wounds requires not just learning the theory or techniques; it requires boldly bringing ourselves into the healing equation to break through entrenched defenses and toxic shame. It requires going to the depths of hopelessness with our clients to show that they are loveable in this place of emptiness.
In short, it requires what Dr. Piliero terms Fierce Love. Fierce Love is embodied in the therapists’ relational boldness in defense of the core self that communicates to our patients that they were and are still worthy of love, no matter how broken, shamed, or disconnected from themselves they may feel.
In this workshop, using lecture, videotape of actual therapy sessions, and live demos, we will explore in-depth how the Fierce Love therapist pierces and melts the defenses and toxic shame states by standing in on behalf of the patient’s Core Self to guide the patient back home to their birthright of love.
Dates and Times
Thursday & Friday, 3-4 & 10-11 March 2022 (USA)
Friday & Saturday, 4-5 & 11-12 March 2022 (Australia/NZ)
4:00 pm – 9:00 pm (EST)
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm (PST)
8:00 am – 1:00 pm (AEDT)
10:00 am – 3:00 pm (NZDT)
Each day will comprise of:
4pm – 6pm Didactic teaching & analysis of videotape material
6pm – 6:30pm Break
6:30pm – 9pm Didactic teaching & analysis of videotape material
Thursday, March 3 (EST)
- Psychopathology: Trauma, Meaning-Making and the Wounded Self
- The Fierce Love tripartite model of the self
- The origin of psychopathology in attachment trauma and the internalization of maladaptive meaning
Friday, March 4 (EST)
- The Fierce Love Triangle of Healing
- Shoring up the Present-Day Self to do intrapsychic healing
- Undoing the Structure of the Wounded Self
- Reclaiming the Core Self
Thursday, March 10 (EST)
- The Range and Depth of Corrective Emotional Experiences, including:
- Riding the waves of heretofore disavowed affect
- Uncoupling the Present-Day Self from the child part
- Then/Now Updating (Updating the nervous system)
- Undoing interpersonal and intrapsychic aloneness
Friday, March 11 (EST)
- Meaning Reconsolidation, Parts Work and Fierce Love Mirroring
- The Fierce Truths
- Accepting the unbearable truth
- Installing the corrective truth
- Surrendering to the healing truth
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Define Fierce Love
- Discuss how to strengthen your ability to be more present, engaged, and make more purposeful use of your own emotional experience in your work with patients.
- Utilize your Self as a Healing Mechanism (e.g., through self-disclosure of feelings and patient’s impact on you, etc.)
- Discuss how to work with shame and pathogenic effects
- Describe how to transform maladaptive beliefs about Self and Other through cognitive restructuring and uncoupling dynamics
- Discuss the use of micro moment-to-moment tracking of patient, therapist, and dyad.
- Describe how to go beyond “mirroring” to actively advocate on the parts of the patient’s self that have been rejected or disavowed.
- List the 8 vital components of the Fierce Love Therapeutic Stance.
- Predict the wholeness and integrity of the patient’s core self
- Infer your Healing Power
- Recognize and work with Dysregulation
- Demonstrate willingness to stay with deep pain
- Describe the 10 Key Fierce Love Therapeutic Techniques
AEDP Australia's cancellation policy:
- Prior to 10 days before a course begins: a refund of payment minus a 10% banking and administrative fee (based on the full course/seminar fee).
- 10 days or less: no refund or credit.
If you have any queries or concerns about this seminar, please contact AEDP Australia at AEDPAustralia@gmail.com
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.