Please select the blue "Purchase" button below next to the event you wish to attend.
To view CE information, click the View and Purchase button above.
Somatic Resilience and Regulation: Early Trauma: Module 3
A somatic approach to supporting recovery from developmental trauma
CEs only. To register for this event click here
Steve Terrell is a single adoptive parent of two children, living and practicing in Austin, Texas. Steve specializes in Attachment and Developmental Trauma Therapies. He has fully integrated touch work into his practice, which focuses on children and adults who have been affected by early trauma. He is a recognized leader in his work with adopted children and their families (both domestic and international). He combines his training in Neurosequential Development, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, Play Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, Touch Skills Training for Trauma Therapists, Reality Therapy, Hypnotherapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization (EMDR). He has also worked with first responders, and is trained in Trauma First Aid. Steve is a frequent speaker at conferences and workshops on attachment-related issues, and the neurobiology of trauma.
- Closer look at disorganized/disoriented attachment patterns
- The overlap between disorganized attachment patterns and complex trauma
- Somatic methods for working with severe dysregulation and highly sensitive survival physiology
- Understanding the re-regulation that’s necessary in working with disorganized attachment and complex trauma
- Somatic adaptive behaviors and their impact on the ANS and overall regulatory functions
- Working effectively with the dorsal vagus system to promote re-regulation and greater access to the ventral vagus and social engagement system
- The dorsal system in relation to somatic over- and under-coupling
- Traumatic transference and counter-transference